One of the [many] items hooked on to my backpack is an 8-bottle pack of doTERRA essential oils. I’ve carried one on my backpack for over a dozen years as I’ve visited dozens and dozens of countries. And not once have I ever been questioned about them by any airport security personnel.
Each bottle is 5/8 dram, or about 2 milliliters (ml), and they are easily re-fillable from the larger 5ml or 10 ml bottles. You can certainly carry any oils that you want, but the following are the eight Certified Therapeutic Grade oils that I carry with me:
• Lemon – a light citrusy oil that is great for freshening your water; it is also has a nice uplifting scent
• Lavender – my favorite all-time essential oil. Lavender is great for putting [and aids in healing] on cuts, rashes, itches, burns, bites.
• Peppermint – a cooling oil for when you are warm and/or overheated. It also helps to feel better if you are suffering from car sickness.
• Cedarwood – helps to freshen clothing, and to sprinkle on bedding when you are traveling if you are concerned about bed bugs.
• Breathe – helps to clear airways if you are suffering from a shortness of breath. Rub a couple drops behind plugged ears to help them open up.
• Deep Blue – a strong oil that helps to relieve aches, pains, sore feet
• DigestZen – rub on stomach if you feel nauseous or suffering from diarrhea. You can also add some to a glass of water for a similar result.
• OnGuard – an immune-boosting oil that also aids in sanitizing and fighting germs.
As with all essential oils, be aware that they might cause discoloration on clothing and other surfaces. You may make up your own travel pack or get other oils by ordering at mydoterra.com/missadrianne.
If you are not yet getting my weekly newsletter that also contains a Travel Tip like this, Click Here to sign up, and get a free copy of my novel Murders in SYDNEY.
Happy Travels — Thanks for reading!
Stuart Gustafson, America’s International Travel Expert®