From deciding on the fantastic location to strategies for mastering your solo itinerary, travel professionals from Expedia are revealing all the insights from their newest report
Traveling alone is undoubtedly a one particular-of-a-sort encounter, and it is one particular of the quickest expanding travel categories. When you are traveling alone you are the master of your time, exploring the globe on your personal terms. Information from Expedia’s initial Solo Travel Report reveals 60% of travelers strategy to take a solo trip inside the subsequent two years, proving men and women want far more flexibility, comfort, and autonomy from their vacations. What is even far more exciting is how the need for a digital connection is beginning to rival the want of human connection on trips.
Buddymoons and babymoons improved step aside, due to the fact the “mobilemoon” is the newest travel trend on the scene: When offered the ultimatum to select among their mobile telephone or a travel companion to bring on their subsequent trip, one particular-third (33%) of Americans stated they would select to travel solo with just their device.
Travel specialist and frequent solo traveler Courtney Scott comments on the new trend: “Getting traveled to more than a dozen nations alone I can attest that solo travel provides you the ultimate freedom. It pushes you to discover with no limitations and it is a beautifully introspective adventure also. Mobile devices are an necessary resource for travelers, assisting us really feel far more informed and far more confident on the road, so it does not surprise me that several men and women would rather travel with their telephone than with a buddy. Use your travel app to handle your itinerary, study your location and remain connected to good friends and household ─ but do not overlook to place your telephone away and completely immerse your self in your surroundings, also!”
The Expedia mobile app currently tends to make it simple to strategy a trip, save revenue, and discover a location to the fullest. Plus, the app’s beneficial in-location options like trip reminders, itinerary access offline, and Taxi Card, which translates driving directions to your hotel primarily based on neighborhood language, actually make it the ultimate travel companion for your subsequent or initial solo trip.
“We recognize there is no one particular-size-fits-all when it comes to solo travel preferences, but that does not imply solo travelers can not have it all in the one device they are most reliant on through their trip,” stated Alexis Tiacoh, PR Manager for Brand Expedia. “From exclusive discounts and perks to the potential to book neighborhood activities on the go, our app has all the things solo travelers want for an epic ‘mobilemoon.'”
The Solo Travel Report serves as a resource to uncover destinations, beneficial preparing strategies and cool new insights on navigating solo trips from begin to finish. Here’s a deeper appear at the findings:
- What Drives Solo Travel: All round, solo travelers most generally say they take solo trips to meet new men and women and discover new areas, disconnect from operate and life, and strengthen their independence and self-confidence. And although the easy need to get away is the largest motivator for going it alone more than any film, book or celebrity influencer it is no surprise that the greatest-promoting novel turned function film “Consume Pray Like” was the prime supply of inspiration for the five% of travelers who stated a film prompted them to take a solo trip.
- Solo Travel is Becoming the Preferred Travel Category: Two-thirds of respondents agree they choose the freedom of traveling alone and meeting new men and women more than the need to have a holiday companion. Younger travelers (83% of Gen Z and 80% of Millennials) are specifically probably to agree. Much less than 40% of the respondents Expedia surveyed identified themselves as parents, and of these, practically all of them (82%) agree they also would choose to travel alone.
- The Best Solo Trip: Though some may possibly want to invest their summer season backpacking across Europe, the most well-known solo trip is the ‘Weekend Break’ a swift couple days in a new city or off the grid (30%). Americans are far more probably to want to encounter an ‘Island Getaway’ cruise to a tropical location or check out a beach (23%), ‘Foodie Trip’ consume their way by means of a area identified for scrumptious cuisine (16%), or ‘Event Travel’ going to a spot especially to attend a music festival or sporting occasion (14%).
- Solo Travel Destinations: Domestic travel continues to be the foundation of how most Americans select to holiday and solo travel is no exception. US travelers are far more probably to select new or familiar areas inside their personal nation, and 69% stated their final solo trip was in the USA. When it comes to future solo trips, roughly three out of four Americans (74%) say their excellent place is in the USA followed by Canada (45%) and Europe (42%).
- Solo Trip Tips is Sensible: When it comes to preparing your solo getaway, knowledgeable solo travelers emphasize preparation and a constructive attitude. Stick to a price range, know which travel documents you will want and constantly have a strategy B. Americans mainly really feel that it is great to be mindful of fears but to not let them quit you (20%).
- This Is When Factors Get Awkward: Typically, solo travelers really feel most uncomfortable when they are lost and want directions (42%), or when they are lost in translation (38%). US travelers also dread getting their telephone battery die or consuming alone (29%).
For even far more insights and findings from Expedia’s 2019 Solo Travel Report, check out right here.
About the Solo Travel Report
CITE Study (www.citeresearch.com), on behalf of Expedia, carried out an on the net survey amongst two,521 respondents 1516 in the US and 1005 in Mexico. Respondents screened had been aged 18 years or older, had taken a trip by themselves in the previous or planned to take a one particular in the future. Expedia defined solo travel as performing any type of travel taking a flight, boat, train, driving themselves, staying in a hotel or holiday rental, and so on. in which the particular person is by themselves.
Logos, solution and organization names pointed out are the house of their respective owners.
© 2019 Hotel News Resource