Previously I wrote a post titled 29 experiences to place on your travel bucket list primarily based upon remarkable travel experiences Craig and I had carried out more than our travel years.
Travel is not all sweet and simple. In truth, it is incredibly difficult and a lot of tough function, which is why the rewards are usually so good.
Lots of issues can go incorrect on your travels. Right here is my list of travel experiences you DO NOT want to place on your travel bucket list when arranging your travels about the globe.
What NOT to place on your travel bucket list
1. Experiencing a 9 hour bus ride from Siem Reip to Phnom Penh in Cambodia that essentially requires 24 hours and includes quite a few flooded roads and collapsed bridges. The entire time you are pondering of your pals who chose to take the much more costly but relaxing 4 hour boat journey.
two. Taken on a death ride by a magic-mushroom tripping Indonesian nearby on the back of a motorbike, on Samosir Island, Lake Toba, as he sings to the tune of a single of your favourite Bob Marley songs “I killed the tourist and then I stole her passport.”
He then goes on to clarify how, “If we had an accident no a single would ever know or be in a position to locate your physique.”
three. US immigration losing your passports only days just before your visa expires and you are due to fly out.
four. Bali belly striking on a 4 hour boat ride from Bali to Lombok. You invest the entire trip in a 2×2 foot dirty boat toilet. Upon arrival your pals proceed to splurge out on low-cost lobster and seafood and get drunk, even though you drink tea with salt in it in an try to really feel somewhat human.
five. A Silverback gorilla charging you in the jungles of Uganda (essentially as extended as you are not hurt this is a fairly very good story to inform).
six. The central heating breaking down in your London flat, and you and your property mates sit shivering watching Television by way of the drips leaking down from the upstairs bathroom, wrapped up in your winter woolies and cuddling every other for warmth.
7. Getting overweight and particularly unfit, going jungle trekking in Bukit Lawang, Sumutra, to see wild orangutans. Hiking up and more than 7 mountain peaks to a riverside campsite. Challenging rocks dig in your back, as you attempt to sleep, even though issues crash about you in the jungle.
Your guide sits up all evening subsequent to you with a significant knife on tiger watch, (following he has told you loads of close encounter stories) and no matter how exhausted you are, sleep just will not come.
eight. Going out to function on the Pearling Boats in Broome, Western Australia following you have been told the cyclone has passed and all is protected, only for it to turn about unexpectedly and you get stuck in the tail finish of a category 1 cyclone.
9. Getting a beer on Koh Sahn Road in Bangkok, toasting to a brilliant five year honeymoon, as your plane requires off more than your head heading residence to a waiting household tribe in Sydney, unbeknown to you, who believed it was leaving six hours later.
10. Spending the day writhing about on your bed, deathly sick from negative seafood eaten at the late evening markets in Luang Prabang, the preceding evening.
11. Passing out on the Tube (London underground) once more following a different evening in Covent Garden only to travel to Heathrow and all the way back once more in time for function.
12. Ordering the “Extra, Added, Happy” Pizza in Phomn Pehn Cambodia rather of becoming happy with just “Happy”, and acquiring a A great deal larger buzz than you planned!
13. Getting as well quite a few Thai whiskey buckets on Koh Phi Phi, passing out and waking up to pretty much 100 mosquito bites on you, smothering them with calamine lotion in an try to ease the itch, and then going out on an currently organized snorkelling tour of the islands.
14. Losing your digital camera, with hundreds of photographs and motion pictures, which includes these from your time spent with the Gorillas in Uganda, whitewater rafting the Nile, and camping with the Masai warriors in Kenya.
15. You and your husband acquiring ear infections from a hostel swimming pool in Broome, Western Australia and then hop on a sea plane a handful of days later to function on Pearling boats. Your ear drums perforate and for worry of losing your job you suck it up, place on the brave face, and attempt to preserve your balance by way of higher swells and rainy situations.
16. Getting your foot turn into mysteriously infected in Indonesia, obtaining to reduce your SE Asia vacation quick to arrive at your new London location, with no pals, cash, job or spot to remain and with a club for a foot.
17. An infestation of bed bugs in your London traveler’s property, and waking up a single evening to see them operating down the walls.
18. Getting the time of your life with girlfriends on your European campervan adventure, and following searching for health-related focus for your van’s (Bert) current illness, the Portuguese mechanic offers you the diagnosis “Bert dead. Far better off in the ocean.”
19. Waking up in your tent in Cape Town with an excruciatingly painful headache, and swollen joints and obtaining to rely on your husband to stroll you about till lastly the medical doctors understand you are suffering from tick bite fever, and not the doable encephalitis he previously pointed out!
20. Drinking far as well quite a few Vodka red bull buckets at Nha Trang Sailing Club in Vietnam, and rather of walking the block to your guesthouse at 2am, you make a decision it would be exciting to ride in a cyclo. Craig and I each pass out, and wake up in the middle of a remote village four hours away by motorbike, as the locals start setting up the morning market place.
The vodka haze prevents your thoughts from figuring out what has occurred, exactly where you are, exactly where you really should be, and what you can do subsequent. You burst into tears, and a modest boy pulls on your fisherman’s pants and hands you your credit card.
A motorbike conveniently pulls up to take you back to the only spot you can vaguely try to remember a word for, “The Sailing Club”
21. Driving in the back of a rusty, beaten up choose up with 20 nearby Malawians when all of a sudden you really feel a bump and a grind and see your choose-ups wheel rolling down into the ditch beneath.
22. Walking into the public toilets in Zimbabwe, with an particularly pressed bladder, and turning about quickly following seeing brown stuff smeared more than the walls, girls and kids climbing onto concrete pillars by way of the toilet waste to do their company in complete view of these waiting, and recognizing that the water lapping at the soles of your flip flops was genuinely not water.
23. Obtaining trapped at the leading of a treeless peak in the Rocky Mountains, the most ideal spot to get struck by lightning, as a thunderstorm with really serious lightning begins cracking up the sky.
To locate out our strategies for living a life of travel so you can have these remarkable experiences click right here
Pin to share
What horror stories can you add to the list?