From Germany, we drove 10-hours straight traversing by the highways of Austria and Slovenia to achieve Zagreb the place we spent the evening earlier than our 5-hour drive to Cut up the subsequent day the place we’d be taking the ferry to Island Brac.
It was one heck of a scenic drive however boy we (together with our 2 cats) have been so drained from all of the flights and transfers that we took to achieve our new dwelling. We had little stopovers simply so our cats can run freely within the automotive. Anyway, the aim is to achieve the attractive Island of Brac in Croatia the place we will get pleasure from our time in a bit of winery and simply be impressed by our aim within the following years.
We stayed on the island for every week and we have been simply passionate about its magnificence! I counsel you go for a go to to see it for your self. For now, right here’s all the pieces it is advisable find out about it! 🙂
ABOUT ISLAND BRAC
Island Brac is the most important island of the central Dalmatian group of islands and the third largest among the many Adriatic islands overlaying an space of space 394.57 sq km. Not solely is it the largest, however additionally it is the tallest in all the Adriatic Islands. Its highest peak, Vidova Gora is a towering 778 meters tall.
Positioned simply between Cut up and Hvar Island, it’s surprisingly nice, calm, and free from the antagonistic results of mass tourism.
VISA REQUIREMENT FOR FILIPINOS
Typically, Filipinos want a Croatian Visa to enter Croatia. Right here’s how one can apply through the Croatian Embassy in Manila.
Nonetheless, observe that each one holders of a Legitimate Schengen Two or A number of Entry Visa needn’t acquire a visa for Croatia. Additionally exempted are folks with Nationwide Residence or Two or A number of Entry Visa for Bulgaria, Romania, and Cyprus. Be it famous that the interval of validity of the above talked about Schengen, Bulgarian, Cypriot, and Romanian paperwork should cowl the length of the transit or keep. Click on right here for extra particulars.
HOW TO GET THERE
Right here’s how one can get there from the mainland of Croatia:
- Take a ferry from Cut up to Supetar (north) which can take roughly 50 minutes. That is the most affordable and quickest means. We took the automotive ferry and paid 30 Euros for our automotive.
- You may also take the ferry from Makarska (65 km south of Cut up) and take the ferry to Sumartin (east of the island) which can take 1 hour.
- In the event you don’t have a automotive with you, you possibly can take catamarans from Cut up to Milna (west of the island) and Bol (south of the island) and from Bol to Jelsa, north facet of the island of Hvar.
Extra details about ferry traces and timetables chances are you’ll discover right here.
WHERE TO STAY IN ISLAND BRAC
Orvas Villas was type sufficient to host us and welcome us of their stunning Villa Dubrava, a secluded villa in between Postira and Pučišća the place we discovered peace, tranquility, and we have been capable of set a brand new aim in life: to place up a wellness middle and have an olive farm.
This newly-built villa is surrounded by an olive grove and may accommodate as much as 7 folks (and even pets!). It has Three large bedrooms, a kitchen and eating space, a ravishing swimming pool, and an outdoor eating space proper by the fireside the place you possibly can simply chill out and absorb all the sweetness that surrounds you. We had such a pleasing keep and we couldn’t advocate them extra. The villa can also be pet-friendly so we’re capable of convey our two cats with us.
Wherever chances are you’ll be in Island Brac or in Croatia, particularly within the Dalmatian Coast, Orvas Villas has a ravishing property the place you possibly can keep at– be it by the seaside, on high of the mountain, surrounded by the winery and whatnot.
What makes them stand out from the remaining is that they’re like a one-stop store– they’ll ebook your transfers to and from the airport, present meals and wine provisioning, personal cooks and catering, Croatian cooking classes, ebook you on vineyard visits, spa and wellness providers, and varied excursions that the attractive island of Croatia has to supply. In the event you’re touring with youngsters, they’ll even offer you trusted babysitters so you possibly can have some alone time along with your particular somebody 🙂
WHAT TO DO IN ISLAND BRAC
1) See for your self the well-known Desert Blaca– Based within the 16th century by the Glagolitic monks who have been escaping from the Turks, that is actually a historic gem. At a sure level lengthy earlier than, this was the principle faculty attended by pupils from the small villages close by. Think about having to cross the ocean simply to get to high school!
2) Stroll round Dol Village– In the event you’re searching for an genuine Dalmatian Village, then that is the place to be. Stroll round and see homes fabricated from tough stone, wealthy forest, outdated Church buildings, and distinctive structure. That is additionally the place to get a style of true Croatian cuisines reminiscent of lamb, wine and recent olive oil.
3) Take a hike to Vidova Gora– The very best peak within the island will take you kind of Three hours to climb. Magnificent view of Bol, Zlatni Rat and island Hvar awaits the brave and the courageous!
4) See the 100-year outdated Nerežišća Bonsai Tree– One very fascinating factor on this island is that this black bonsai tree sneaking out of the roof of the St. Peter’s Church in Nerežišća. Regardless of being this tall, this tree is just a meter tall! Wow. No marvel this has been protected as a pure heritage web site since 1969!
5) Swim and chill out on the well-known Zlatni Rat Seaside (Golden Horn)- Positioned round Three kilometers south of the island of Bol is that this postcard-worthy pebbled seaside which is a haven for snorkeling. Right here, you may as well do paddle boarding, kayaking, jet snowboarding, parasailing, wakeboarding and a complete lot extra! There are many cafés round too should you fancy simply chilling out by the seaside.
6) Go crusing with Orvas Yachting– If you wish to see extra of the Dalmatian Islands, then that is one thing you actually should do in your go to. The Adriatic Sea is without doubt one of the cleanest our bodies of water on the planet and imagines simply being on the market within the ocean, taking a plunge when you possibly can!
We simply moved to Montenegro and we’re pleased we’ve made the proper alternative. We’re so near Croatia and we’ll undoubtedly return to this island at some point! ♥️
For extra particulars, listed here are our Sponsors’ Social Media Accounts that you could comply with:
Instagram: @orvasvillas, @orvasyachting
Fb: @Orvas.Yachting, @orvasvillas