Ljubljana is the capital of Slovenia and is situated along the banks of the Ljubljana River additional or significantly less in the centre of the nation. Ljubljana (and Slovenia, for that matter) had been on my list of locations to check out for a extended time and when the chance presented itself, I grabbed it! Right after a number of days there, I was smitten! This tiny city, with just beneath 300,000 inhabitants, is totally charming, and in spite of its diminutive size, boasts a vibrant cultural and culinary scene. There are lots of factors to do in Ljubljana – from just strolling about the historic city centre, to admiring its eclectic architecture and indulging in its culinary treats! Verify out my video guide on what to do in Ljubljana under:
Swift list of what to do in Ljubljana
- Stroll about the historic city centre (a pedestrian zone) and discover the surrounding neighbourhoods
- Admire the eclectic architectural types, from the Communist era to Art Nouveau
- Dine or unwind at a single of the quite a few alfresco cafés/restaurants, quite a few of which can be located along the river
- Watch a street efficiency. From classical to pop and folk music, there’s one thing for absolutely everyone
- Browse about the outside and indoor markets
- Check out Metelkova City, a district complete of colourful street art. At evening, the district comes alive with several bars, cafés and dance clubs
- See the city from the Ljubljana River
- Attempt common Slovenian meals and wines. Do not miss the Open Kitchen Industry in the summer time!
- Check out Ljubljana Castle
- Head up to Neboticnik (Skyscraper) for terrific views of the city. Do not miss the spectacular spiral staircase to the correct of the foyer on the ground floor.
I totally enjoyed my keep and I’ll absolutely return to take pleasure in this city when once more. Study my post about factors to do in Ljubljana.
What to do about Ljubljana
I propose spending at least a couple of days in Ljubljana, then exploring the Slovenian countryside, other attractions in Slovenia such as the Julian Alps, Lake Bled and the Slovenian Adriatic coast. You can also opt to head north into Austria and combining your check out to Ljubljana with a further fabulous city: Graz, Austria’s second-biggest city. Graz is nicely-connected with Ljubljana by frequent bus and train solutions. Study about factors to do in Graz.
Ljubljana has an international airport that is nicely-connected to key cities across Europe. Inside Slovenia, a wide train and bus network guarantees travelling is effortless and comfy. You can also opt to rent a vehicle and discover this wonderful nation at your personal pace.
Search for Accommodation and Tours in Ljubljana