eight. Organic History Museum at South Kensington
London has quite a few amazing museums – quite a few of them cost-free – and this is my individual favourite.
The Organic History Museum at South Kensington is a great day out for the complete household.
It is divided into 4 zones with various themes:
- Blue has the diversity of earth
- Green shows the planet’s evolution
- Red demonstrates the earth’s forces
- Orange science and the garden.
Highlights contain Hintze Hall (Green Zone) with its 75 feet blue whale skeleton.
Earth Hall and Stegosaurus in the Red Zone lets you admire the large dinosaur just before ascending by means of a metallic globe by way of escalator.
The museum’s most renowned – and most people’s favourite area, like mine is the remarkable hall of dinosaurs in the Blue Zone.
This area can get especially busy throughout summer time, but it is worth waiting to stroll by means of it, and do not miss the animatronic T-Rex.
There are also short-term exhibitions on continually, such as Museum of the Moon (Might 17-September eight 2019, cost-free), and Wildlife Photographer of the Year (till June 30, tickets from £8).
The museum hosts quite a few events such as talks, late-evening openings, sleepovers, and silent discos, so it is worth checking out what is on when you are in the city.
- Hours: 10am-five.50pm day-to-day.
- Expense: Absolutely free for permanent exhibitions. Some short-term exhibitions have a charge, verify their site for complete information.
back to major