Arriving at Frequent People today this year was worlds away from my preceding experiences, two youngsters in tow, a infant bump on my front and emergency snacks in my backpack – this was the initial time I had arrived at a festival ahead of midday. Fortunately, what with this becoming such a family members friendly festival, the atmosphere had preceded us. The queues had been handful of and far in between, there had been a lot of youngsters operating about and every person was reasonably sober nevertheless.
We decided to get our bearings initial so we could all see what we wanted to do that day, and also grab our ‘Help Me, I’m Lost’ wrist bands for the youngsters. We did really feel the need to have to clarify to them that possessing the wristband with our speak to particulars on them didn’t imply they could just deliberately wonder away from us at any time. A rule we had to enforce on much more than one particular occasion, they had been like magpies, and just about every brightly coloured flag, inflatable and meals truck was a sparkling diamond!
In the finish there was so substantially to see and do, and one particular day with the youngsters wasn’t sufficient to tick almost everything off the list. We also required to space out the day with sun-bathing, lounging about and attempting all the diverse meals so that we (effectively my companion) could essentially get pleasure from a handful of beers and listen to music. So beneath are my top rated six points to do with the youngsters at Frequent People today crammed into one particular exhausting, exhilarating and memorable day…
Major six youngsters activities –
- World’s Most significant Bouncy Castle – this is a will have to see, looming above you suitable as you stroll into the most important festival entrance the youngsters had been by no means going to miss it. At £4 for 10 minute goes, it is a small pricey but effectively worth just about every bounce. They each agreed (at four and 7 years old) that this was by far their favourite aspect of the festival. Throughout the day the queues had been affordable and we couldn’t have been waiting longer than 10-15 minutes.
- Circus Tent – This was a wonderful location for the youngsters and adults, almost everything from tight-ropes, hula-hoops, big inflatables and trapeze swings had been out there free of charge of charge. As effectively as normal performances it provided an array of activities, you just had to choose up a thing and give it a go. They didn’t tire of this all day and it didn’t price a issue, so it was a win for us!
- Funfair Slide – At £2 a go it is effectively worth at least one particular ride down this tall tower. Fantastic sights from the top rated and then inside seconds you have shot down the spiral slide and out the bottom with complete views of the most important stage. Beware that younger youngsters will need to have an adult to go down with and this will be charged as two men and women.
- CAPITAL FM – The stand run by one particular of the South’s most significant radio stations of course had the tunes on complete blast, competitors occasions, big bean bags in the sun and some fantastic festival transfer tattoos to hold us entertained. We had been pleasantly shocked at how the youngsters, regardless of their age, knew precisely who and what the radio station was. All these hours in the automobile are not entirely wasted! When you stumble across a thing that does not price something it just feels that small bit superior! And with a family members of 4 it is straightforward to break the bank immediately after meals, and drink alone.
- Paint A Van – This was an additional wonderful activity that we had to ply to youngsters away from and an additional that was definitely free of charge! A big camper van had been placed amongst the kid’s location, surrounded by chalk and paint and they had been advised to ‘go crazy’. Our two couldn’t think their luck when they realised they had been essentially permitted to mark the van anyplace they wanted. Jack was intent on covering the hub-caps in a putrid pink colour while Ellanna painted flowers on the passenger door.
- The Nook – It may well look strange to involve the VIP location as a ‘top kid’s attraction’ but realistically it was wonderful possessing the passes and we spent a lot of our down time in there. The ornate lounging beds and cushions had been fantastic for them to have a rest (or sleep!) in the evenings. It was excellent for straightforward access to the bar for us but also the ‘posh toilets’ as the youngsters would say had been a lot less difficult when they had been abruptly desperate!
Not every person would believe of a festival as the excellent family members day out but there truly is as well substantially to do! When it came to mealtimes there was a thing for every person, it was so straightforward to just say – have what you like! The youngsters wanted pizza and ended up sharing one particular of Pazzos Pizza’s fresh stone-baked margarita, my companion fancied a massive burger while I opted for a steak & chorizo pie from Barnaby Sykes Pie Maker. We had been all catered for all through the day and undoubtedly didn’t go hungry. When it came to drinks my companion was fortunate sufficient that I was designated driver (becoming pregnant) so he could make the most of the sunshine and refreshing cold beers. We also produced certain we took a lot of bottled water, as extended as its sealed water you can take it via safety with you. There are water taps dotted about the web-site so you can refill them as and when.
General we managed to final from 11:30am pretty much till the finish of the evening with our two young ones. I’m not certain who was much more tired, them….or us! They loved all the music, the funny men and women (aka these who had been perhaps a bit as well merry), the kid’s location, dancing to Becky Hill and singing along with Tom Odell. I would hugely suggest Frequent People today as a exciting family members festival, one particular that is fantastic to introduce youngsters into, with the ever-developing festival craze in the UK.
Verify back Right here for subsequent year’s dates and tickets!