There was a period of time when a single of us had some significant well being troubles that expected some dietary restrictions for practically a year. Throughout that time, we stocked up on recipes and ingredient expertise in order to accommodate the different foods and meals groups that had been no longer permitted as component of that eating plan.
What that lead to was a multitude of clean-consuming recipes that had been acceptable for a wide variety of dietary restrictions and, simply because of the sheer quantity of time cooking can take when you are restricted with your solutions, a complete lot that had been rapid and uncomplicated!
It was when we had been hunting for rapid, power-packed snacks that we stumbled upon a vegan, gluten-absolutely free multi-seed cracker recipe that was not only uncomplicated and rapidly to make, but also super healthier and fantastic for several items – from snacks on the go, to power boosters prior to and right after workouts, to dippable or spreadable crackers.
These are super basic to make and are scrumptious as effectively as healthier and we like to consume these crackers on their personal or with terrific tasting dips like Sabra hummus. We’ll typically add these crackers to a single of our celebration platters with many Sabra hummus flavours like in our Super Bowl Pop-Up Platter! It creates a snack or platter that everyone can take pleasure in.
This tends to make about 25 bigger crackers and can be stored in an air tight container for a couple weeks.
- 1/two cup chia seeds
- 1 1/two cup of any of the following seeds: raw sunflower, raw pumpkin, raw sesame, raw hemp, raw, complete flax (We choose 1/two cup every single of pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds).
- 1 cup water
- three/four tsp salt
- two medium cloves of garlic, finely grated (optional)
- Seasoning of option: pepper, chilli flakes, onion powder, oregano, rosemary, thyme (optional)
In a bowl, combine seeds, seasoning (if preferred), grated garlic and 1/four tsp of salt and stir
- Add water and stir till effectively combined
- Let mixture sit for a handful of minutes till mixture becomes practically gelatinous (what benefits when chia seeds absorb the water)
- Preheat oven to 300F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Spread mixture out onto sheet in two-three rectangles, spreading out till 1/4″ or thinner
- Sprinkle some extra salt on major
- Bake for 35 minutes
- Flip rectangles and bake for one more 35 minutes or till lightly golden about the edges
- Let cool for 10 minutes prior to breaking into smaller crackers and let cool totally
- Crackers are prepared to be dipped! These can also be stored in an airtight container or frozen for later use
Retain this post for later or share with other individuals on Pinterest – just hover more than the image beneath & click “Pin it”! If on MOBILE, tap the photo beneath & click ‘Pin It’ when it seems!