Perched on the edge of two extinct volcanic craters on Santa Cruz, one particular of 5 inhabited islands in the Galapagos Archipelago, Pikaia Lodge delivers a exclusive luxury land-primarily based Galapagos expertise. Alternatively of cruising by means of the Galapagos Islands on a liveaboard boat, guests at Pikaia Lodge get pleasure from luxury eco-resort living on Santa Cruz Island along with exclusive access to a fleet of yachts. Pikaia Lodge guests can discover other Galapagos Islands or additional of Santa Cruz by day and return to the luxury resort every afternoon. Study this Pikaia Lodge critique to find out additional about why you need to take into consideration this luxury land-primarily based choice when you check out the Galapagos Islands.
Pikaia Lodge Evaluation – Yacht Fleet
M/Y Pikaia I
The 105-foot Pikaia I yacht, a former custom constructed steel hull liveaboard, was refitted in October 2015 for the exclusive use of Pikaia Lodge guests. As a outcome, the yacht is effectively-suited for land and snorkeling day tours. There are eight air-conditioned staterooms on the Pikaia I with two guests per cabin. 4 staterooms include two single berths that can be converted into a queen bed. Just after swimming with sea lions, sharks (seriously), and a kaleidoscope of fish, you can take a freshwater shower in the ensuite bathroom. Or rinse off in the outside shower and hop into the outside hot tub.
Breakfast is ready and served onboard even though the Pikaia I is sailing. There is a self-serve snack bar in the galley with beverages and light bites obtainable all day. Guests normally consume lunch about noon even though the Pikaia I moves involving islands.
There are a lot of frequent places on the Pikaia I. We typically relaxed in lounge chairs on the upper deck and watched frigate birds soaring above the yacht.
M/B Pikaia II
For fishing, snorkeling, and exploring Santa Cruz Island’s coastline, Pikaia Lodge guests use the 35-foot Pikaia II yacht. This boat accommodates a maximum of eight guests, but with out the extra amenities (e.g. cabins) afforded by the Pikaia I.
Luxury Resort Living Pikaia Lodge
Galapagos Islands are a renowned location for observing evolution. Darwin’s Finches (also recognized as Galapagos Finches) are one particular instance. At least 13 distinct species of finches reside on many islands in the Galapagos Archipelago, and they all evolved from one particular species. The 31-hectares of private home surrounding Pikaia Lodge is property to one particular range of Galapagos Finch and quite a few other creatures, like the wild giant tortoise.
When guests at Pikaia Lodge are not exploring the Galapagos islands with their private guide, there is a lot to do at the luxury eco-lodge. The outside infinity pool with a 270-degree view of the Pacific Ocean and surrounding islands, Sumaq Spa, wellness facilities, and lastly, the Homo Sapiens Lounge with 3D HD-Television, DVDs, and 3D glasses are a handful of of the amenities obtainable at Pikaia Lodge.
Pikaia Lodge Evaluation – Dining
Pikaia Lodge EVOLUTION
EVOLUTION is the name of the on-web page restaurant, and this theory is the theme at Pikaia Lodge. The Lodge’s name comes from Pikaia gracilens believed to be the 1st creature to evolve into a vertebrate about 500 million years ago. Evolution-inspired art like a metallic DNA structure in the centre of EVOLUTION is identified all through the home.
At EVOLUTION opt for to dine outdoors close to the infinity pool or inside overlooking Santa Cruz and surrounding islands. Breakfast at EVOLUTION is an American-style buffet with created-to-order things. For regional flavours, attempt the Ecuadorian tortilla with yucca, costeño cheese, and ishpingo (cinnamon-flavoured) syrup. The lunch and dinner menus at EVOLUTION include things like standard offerings like pasta as effectively as flavourful Ecuadorian cuisine.
Pikaia Lodge Lobby Lounge and DNA Bar
Share images and go over the other-worldly creatures encountered in the Galapagos more than drinks in the cozy lobby lounge, outdoors at the DNA Bar or about the firepit. It is a fitting commence to every evening at the luxurious Pikaia Lodge.
Pikaia Lodge Evaluation – Rooms and Suites
Twelve rooms, as effectively as two suites, are obtainable at Pikaia Lodge. Floor-to-ceiling windows concentrate focus on the surrounding landscape, even though organic components like bamboo floors, fabrics, and Peruvian travertine marble bathrooms decorate the guest rooms. We booked a Terrace Space with two queen beds and the Garden Suite. Study additional about the accommodation solutions at Pikaia Lodge right here.
Is Pikaia Lodge Appropriate for Households?
Certainly! Our boys loved Pikaia Lodge and the freedom afforded by a luxury land-primarily based Galapagos expertise. The other households we met for the duration of our 5-evening remain at Pikaia Lodge seemed to be enjoying themselves as well.
Superior to Know – Pikaia Lodge Evaluation – Luxury Land-Primarily based Galapagos Experience
- Travellers prone to seasickness need to take into consideration Pikaia Lodge as a land-primarily based option to cruising the Galapagos Islands. I endure from motion sickness so I have to have to be thoughtful about how I travel. There had been occasions when the Pacific Ocean was rough, but it was intermittent. And every afternoon or evening I was back at Pikaia Lodge.
- Guides accompany guests on every little-group excursion from Pikaia Lodge. Our guide, Lois Rodriquez was passionate, knowledgeable, and engaging – I can not visualize a superior Galapagos guide. We typically toured with one particular other loved ones of 4, but it was hardly ever the similar loved ones.
- The area price at Pikaia lodge incorporates meals, guides, land and marine tours, as effectively as transportation to and from Baltra Airport. Discover out additional about the extremely evolved luxury land-primarily based Galapagos expertise and program a getaway at Pikaia Lodge right here.
How to Travel to Pikaia Lodge
- Pikaia Lodge guests have access to the VIP Arrival Lounge at Baltra Airport. From right here a Pikaia Lodge guide escorts guests to a boat for a brief but scenic crossing of Itabaca Channel that separates Baltra from Santa Cruz Island. As soon as on Santa Cruz, it requires roughly 50 minutes to drive to Pikaia Lodge. In reality, the trip from the harbour to Pikaia Lodge appears a lot much less than 50 minutes simply because the guides share so substantially facts about Galapagos along the way.
- Most flights to Galapagos quit in either Quito, Ecuador or Guayaquil, Ecuador. LATAM and Avianca are the major airlines serving Galapagos from the mainland. Emetebe Airlines gives inter-island flights inside the Galapagos. We flew on all 3 carriers.
- If you are travelling to the Galapagos with kids, you appreciate these recommendations for flying with little ones. Similarly, this post on how to navigate airport safety like a pro may well be valuable.
Have you traveled to the Galapagos Islands?