We’re 40 this year, think it or not (we use very good anti-wrinkle cream) and to celebrate we’ve combed by way of all our hostel offers across Europe to piece with each other a list of cities that you can keep in for two nights for much less than €40!
We mentioned it after (nicely, a lot extra than after) and we’ll say it once more: traveling does not have to be highly-priced. We’ve got the goods to prove it.
This picturesque small Portuguese city is best for a break at any time of year – the climate is a small cooler in winter (about 12°C) but that shouldn’t cease you from taking a stroll along the waterfront and knocking back a couple of ports from the cellars. The rest of the time? Commit it wandering the old-planet streets, soaking up the culture in the many galleries and museums, and consuming copious pastel de nata’s.
Bluesock Hostels (two nights below €40 all through November)
- Walking distance to the city’s principal attractions
- Standard blue-tiled creating – do it for the ‘Gram!
If you are not going for the beaches or island hopping, then Split in winter can be just as charming and at a quarter of the price tag. Wander the inner walls of the ancient UNESCO Diocletians Palace and go bar and restaurant-hopping, and buying. If you are hunting for a decent culture-filled break that avoids the tourist crowds, then this is it.
Design and style Hostel Goli & Bosi (two nights below €40 all through November)
- Boutique hostel set in a 19th Century warehouse
- On-web page cinema
- Set appropriate in the old town of Split
This ancient city begins warming up in spring, and the vacationers do not arrive til summer time, producing it the excellent location for a brief break. Go for the crumbling ruins and history, but keep for the surprisingly hipster bar culture, street art scene and generous servings of halloumi.
AthenStyle Hostel (two nights for below €40 all through April or October – one more very good time of year to go to)
- Rooftop terrace with Acropolis view – hello, chilled sundowners!
- Walking distance from most attractions
Summer time STAYS
London, United Kingdom
The buzzing capital of England comes alive in the summer time – beer gardens complete of locals taking benefit of pleased hours, music and cultural festivals popping up across the city, street markets overflowing with tasty meals and reside buskers, plus art galleries and museums hosting some of their very best planet-class exhibitions. You can do London at any time of year, but summer time is when it shines.
Clink 78 (€40 for two night’s keep throughout the week in August.) FYI it fluctuates. If you have heard of this point known as Brexit, you get it. But for London, this is cheap… and we appreciate it!
- Former courthouse – super cool, slightly hipster hostel (you sleep in a former cell)
- Ideally positioned 10 minutes’ stroll to Kings Cross Station, which means you can get to other components of the UK quite very easily soon after finding your fill of London
Madrid is all about balmy evenings, vibrant power, and gastronomic revolution. Dance til dawn, consume your physique weight in Spanish cuisine, discover the historical architecture, and marvel at the masterpieces of Picasso, Dalí and Miró. It is a cultural discovery, instances 1000.
Cat’s Chill Out Hostel (two evening keep below €40 for August weekdays)
- Appropriate in the centre of Madrid
- Lovely Arab-Andalusian style patio
- Has its personal ‘cave’ – chill out in the day, celebration at evening!
Italy is arguably greater explored throughout autumn or spring, due to the fact the climate is nonetheless warm, but the selfie-stick-touting households are nowhere to be noticed (nicely, most of them anyway). Rome nonetheless gets about eight hours of sunshine a day in October, so you can get in all your sightseeing, tuck into a enormous bowl of pasta al fresco in the sun, and devote your evenings sipping on Aperol’s.
Yellow Hostel (two evening keep below €40 for October weekdays)
- Super cool hostel total with bar, club, escape space, salon and tattoo parlor (steer clear of soon after a couple of beers, unless you want a tattoo of a pizza)
- Wonderful central place, eight min stroll from Termini train station – excellent for a city-hopping tour of Europe!
This romantic small slice of Italy is very best enjoyed when there’s much less crowds – the very best time to go to is typically April and May perhaps, or September and October. The winding lanes and quirky layout of the mainland is a lot extra enjoyable to get lost in when you are not sandwiched in with other vacationers. Commit your days wandering aimlessly along the streets, dipping in to wine bars, art galleries, museums, churches and shops.
Anda Hostel (two evening keep below €40 at any time of year)
- The hostel itself is truly in Mestre (on the mainland from Venice, a 10 min/€1.50 bus ride to Venice station) and offers off extra genuine Italian vibes than if you had been keep in central Venice – and it is a lot less costly!
- Typical entertainment – reside music/DJ sets and so forth – on weekends
Prague, Czech Republic
You could arguably go to this ancient city of spires at any time of the year. Afterall, the beer is the very best in the planet, and stays cold year-round. The climate is mild in spring and autumn, so it is a lot greater for sightseeing, but also the coziness of the pubs and Christmas markets tends to make winter a definitely magical time to go to. Fortunate for you, we’ve got a hostel that is low-priced all year!
Plus Prague (two evening keep below €40 at any time of year)
- Situated in a quiet location – 20 mins by tram into the city
- Indoor pool and sauna
Exactly where East meets West. Istanbul is extremely diverse, from its architecture to its meals and all the things in involving. With welcoming locals, higher-spirited communities, artistic treasures and bags of culture (feel galleries, museums, festivals and attractions), it is no wonder Istanbul is a single of our trending destinations this year. The very best time to go to Istanbul is spring or autumn, exactly where the temperature is comfy but tourist numbers are low, providing you a correct really feel for genuine Turkish life.
#Bunk Taksim (two evening keep below €40 at any time of year)
- Situated a stone’s throw from trendy Taksim Square
- #Bunk roof – a terrace to get pleasure from the (incorporated) breakfast or get pleasure from a cocktail at sunset!
- Award-winning luxury hostel
To make it clear, these rates are not like flights or transport – but we can get you some quite very good offers on these also. Search our low-priced flights to Europe web page, our rail passes hub, or even our campervan web page if you are feeling a European roadtrip!
*Please note: these rates had been precise at the time of writing, and are topic to modify.